Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING 11/27/09

So long since I've even looked at my blog. Seems the time doesn't permit itself for me to even think of it. All my pictures are on my desk computer and I need to somehow move them to my laptop. ??

I want to start a new project for this winter to be able to pick up and work on when I have a few minutes. I'm still sewing most of the time on doll things for eBay, but it is a nice reprieve to have something ready to stitch that is CQ.

I am starting a new wall hanging of CQ. It is mostly Black and off white pieced blocks. Starting with 6 blocks that are 6" square. They will be heavily embroidered and beaded and then 2 or three rows of border of ruched materials and pleated trim. I will put pictures on my blog when it is a little farther down the line than it is now. Ha. I have made the 6 blocks and am beginning to embellish them. I think the one color I will add besides the black and off white is a dark teal blue. Oh, yes, some of the figured fabric in the blocks has gold in them. Not metallic, but a rich gold. My friend, Julie that has the Attic Heirlooms shop here in Wichita made a similar wall hanging to this, and I fell in love with it. It hangs in her shop and it is beautiful. I asked her if she was going to have a class with it being the thing to make, but she is not for now. She is quite busy since she reopened her shop in a more commercial section of town, but in an old area. So people are finding her now that didn't know she was in business before.

I will take pictures of the blocks and put them on next time. They will be more interesting with a little embellishment on them!

I have the t.v. on and am going to watch a movie or something and stitch. I turned on my laptop to find a stitch directory and looked at the email first. So now I'll get back to the stitches! The laptop has been such a boost for both of us as we have it up in our living room between our recliners and we can check out our eBay business more often now also.

3 comments:

Kathi said...

I found you! I have tried to contact you in the past for the Hussif pattern that was featured in CQMagOnline a few years ago. I LOVE IT!

Shel said...

Hi Carol, this is Shelly that is doing your blog design. I wanted to write on here because after your last e-mail I think that mine are not going through or might be going to your spam folder. I sent a reply e-mail this evening that includes payment instructions and I am not certain if you received my e-mail showing you the background image either. Thanks so much :)

Betty said...

I am interested in your pursiff/hussif pattern. How can I get a copy?

Betty (sewwhimsy1@yahoo.com)

I belong to CQI and heard that your were the pattern designer.